Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection – Available at Gynaika Healthcare by the brand name, “V-PROST”, this injection is used in the prevention of premature labor. It is a powerful injectable medicine that comes with Hydroxyprogesterone as an active agent that modulates the immune response of the pregnant mother to prevent rejection of the embryo. Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection is recommended by the doctor to those patients who are suffering from premature labor.
Benefits of Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection
With the active agent Hydroxyprogesterone, this injection provides a host of benefits to the patient which include the following:
- Prevent premature labor.
- Reduce the risk or premature birth in patients with a history of premature delivery.
- Prevent miscarriage.
- Helps the uterus to grow during pregnancy.
- Prevent contractions that might lead to miscarriage.
How Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection Works
Hydroxyprogesterone belongs to the class of female hormones (progestin) that functions by modulating the response of the immune system of the patient to stop the rejection of the embryo. It also permits the embryo to attract to the uterus. By doing this, Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection reduces the risk of premature birth in patients who have a history of premature delivery.
Quick Tips for Better Use
Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection is a powerful medication that needs to be used precisely to get the maximum benefit. That is why it is suggested to keep in mind the following instructions:
- Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection is recommended for women to prevent premature labor. Do not use this medicine to treat or cure any other ailment.
- The usage of this injection is applied only for those women who have a past pereterm delivery. Women who are pregnant with twins or triplets need to stay away from this injection.
- The usage of this injection might affect your blood sugar levels. Thus, it is recommended to keep on monitoring your blood sugar regularly.
Safety Measures to be Followed
Get the most from Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection without experiencing any side effects by adhering to the following tips:
- Never try to self-administer this injection. Always use it under the observation of a doctor.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage and always keep it as directed by your healthcare expert.
- If you experience severe chest pain, pain in your legs, groin pain, slurred speech, loss of coordination, or changes in vision, then immediately rush to your doctor for medical attention.
Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection is safe to use and it does not cause severe side effects to the patient if used properly under the administration of a doctor. But the overdosage of this injection can bring unwanted side effects such as:
- Injection site pain.
- Red spots or bumps.
- Swelling at the injection site.
These are mild side effects that the patient might encounter with the usage of Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate 500mg Injection. These are mild side effects that will disappear as the body adapts to the medicine. If they won’t, then you can contact your doctor for medical help.