Rifaximin Tablets- Riffoxy tablet is made up of the drug named Rifaximin which is an antibiotic used in hepatic encephalopathy it is a condition in which the liver fails to remove harmful toxins from the blood and leads to brain damage. It worked by killing the bacteria and providing relief from the symptoms like confusion, muscle problems, agitation, difficulty in speaking, and sometimes coma. It works by stopping the growth of the bacteria that causes diarrhoea.
Uses of Rifaximin Tablets
- Rifaximin Tablets are part of the class of drugs known as antibiotics that are used to treat irritable bowel syndrome, hepatic encephalopathy, and infectious travellers’ diarrhoea (IBS).
- the treatment of traveller’s diarrhoea brought on by non-invasive E. coli strains, rifabutin is available in tablet form.
- Rifaximin Tablets is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that works well against bacteria that produce ammonia as well as gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- A gastrointestinal-selective antibiotic with a wide range of antibacterial activity is rifaximin tablets. Bactericidal in nature, rifaximin tablets function by eradicating the germs that lead to diseases.
- It helps to treat and stop the spread of infections as a result.
Directions to use Rifaximin Tablets
Tablets of rifaximin Do not break or chew the pill; instead, swallow it whole with a glass of water. This medication can be taken either alone or in conjunction with other medications. It can be taken with or without food, preferably each day at the same time. The doctor’s recommended dosage and duration should be followed. You should continue taking this medication for the full amount of time recommended by your doctor to reap the benefits. Take it at the same time every day. If you stop it too soon, the infection can return and be more difficult to cure.
Precautions to use Rifaximin Tablets
You should let your doctor know if you are pregnant, nursing, have any liver, kidney, or heart issues, are allergic to any medications, or are experiencing any of these conditions before beginning treatment with this medication.
Possible Side Effects of Rifaximin Tablets
Some people may experience negative side effects include nausea, headaches, and dizziness. The majority of the time, these adverse effects subside after treatment as your body becomes used to the medication. If these side effects annoy you or do not go away, speak with your doctor. This medication may cause your urine to turn crimson. Yet, it is harmless and usual.